You guys have seen me cook this oh so delicious Orzo Veggie Soup on IG stories more than a few times. It is a favorite in our household for sure. We use to have it only when someone had a cold or was coming down with something but it’s seriously so good and so easy to make that we’ve started having it a least once a week. It’s a lifesaver of a meal for busy moms! I’ve recently started doubling my recipe because the boys always ask for seconds and even request leftovers for lunch.
Every time I have shared on IG stories, you guys have requested I share a recipe with you either through DM or stories. I thought it would be easier to share here on the blog so that the recipe can be a little more precise. This way you’ll have a list of ingredients and a set of instructions to follow that you can easily screenshot. So lets get right down to it.
This is seriously the easiest meal you can cook up. So don’t worry if you consider yourself a novice in the kitchen.
INGREDIENTS FOR ORZO VEGGIE SOUP
Serves 4: Cook time 30 min
2 Cups of Orzo
4 Cups of Filtered Water – You can opt for your favorite kind of store bought broth. I prefer filtered water as my base to make my own broth with my fresh veggies.
4 Medium sized Carrots
2 Medium size Potatoes
I Small head of Broccoli
1 Large Zucchini
Salt to taste
Montreal chicken seasoning to taste
• Start by slightly toasting your orzo in the pot with a little bit of olive oil. About a minute or two till it turns golden brown.
• Once toasted add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
• Once it boils turn the heat down to medium-low. Cover with a lid and let cook.
• While your orzo cooks, peel, chop and dice all of your veggies.
• Add carrots & potatoes first as they tend to take longer to soften up. Wait ten minutes then add remaining veggies. Broccoli, zucchini & peas.
• Add salt and Montreal seasoning to taste.
Easy peasy, right? See what I did there? haha! You can also add shredded chicken or any other kind of meet or meet substitute you like. Serve with corn chips and sprinkle a little bit of cilantro and add avocado slices for garnish (and taste too;)) Yum!
I hope you find this orzo veggie soup recipe easy to follow, And if you try it, I hope you enjoy and love it as much as we do!