This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you make a purchase using the links in this post.
Life has been a whirlwind these past couple of weeks. I have been doing more than I should. More than I am physically and mentally am capable of. I finally broke down this week and experienced not one but THREE anxiety attacks in one day. If this isn’t a sure sign that I need to slow down, then I don’t know what is. Anxiety attacks are effin scary y’all! As many of you know I’ve dealt with anxiety/panic attacks for a great part of my life, but it had been years since it got this bad.
Frankly, I refuse to let this fear and feeling of weakness take over me. Not that feeling vulnerable is a bad thing, quite the opposite actually, but I refuse to sit in the corner of my room one more time and cry my eyes out lamenting my life away. Because let’s be honest, WE are in control of our lives (to a certain extent). We get to make decisions for ourselves, what’s priority and what’s not, what we can handle and what we cannot etc. So starting today I am on a mental detox. I am getting rid of all the voices in my head telling me to be afraid. Telling me that I am not good enough, that I’m not doing enough and that I can’t be the amazing mom, daughter, wife and friend I know I can be.
Something that helps me get rid of the negative thoughts is listing down all the things I am thankful for. It reminds me of how incredibly loved I am by my Heavenly Father and how blessed I truly am. Reminding myself of all the good things in my life leaves no place for fear.
5 things I’m Thankful for…
- My husband – The guy who decided he loved anxiety girl with all of his heart and has not, even for a minute, stopped loving me flaws and all. I’m convinced God made him just for me.
- My beautiful children – They make me so happy and are constantly reminding me of how beautiful life is. The love they pour onto me daily is unlike anything else. They make my heart so full.
- Great friends- Friends come and go, but some of them truly are forever! I have a handful of friends who a true gems. Friends who listen, who make sure I’m seeking God & who love me through and through.
- My health- Thankful to have a strong healthy body that allows me to keep moving, doing and going.
- My parents- Dad, what would I ever do without you! Mom, theres no one else like you!
6. A roof over my head – I may not have my dream home, yet, but I have a roof over my head, a hot meal on the table every night and all the basic things we tend to take for grated like electricity & water (SO many people do not have these luxuries).
7. My siblings – Forever best friends!
8. All the wonderful brands who have believed in Daily Craving and have supported me in more than one way – Henri Bendel is at the top of my list. You guys are AMAZING! Your support has meant the world!
9. My readers – Thank you for believing in me and my brand, for following along and reading everything I write. You’re helping a girls dreams come true 😉 YOU GUYS ROCK
10. Thankful for my life! Thankful that I get to wake up every morning and start new. Thankful that I get to do what I love.
Abercrombie Dress | Abercrombie Jacket | Sneakers (similar) | Henri Bendel Bag c/o | Henri Bendel Jewelry c/o | Henri Bendel Sunglasses c/o Get 15% off your Henri Bendel purchase with wide “LILLY15” 9/24
What are you guys thankful for?