I’ve talked about this homemade granola recipe for quite some time now. All my Instagram stories family knows how much we love this granola here at home. I am now making it at least once a week and the boys absolutely love it! It doesn’t last more than a couple of days. Mason loves to have it for breakfast with yogurt and fresh fruit and Evan prefers it as a healthy snack at lunch time.
This recipe is incredibly easy and calls for minimal ingredients. Plus it is a great healthy snack alternative to have now that the kids are at home.
Homemade Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Granola
• 2 Cups Old Fashion Oats
• 1/2 Cup Honey
• 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
• 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
• 1/2 Vegetable Oil (can use coconut or olive)
• 1/2 Cup Walnuts (or any nuts of your choice)
• 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
• Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips to Taste
• Preheat oven to 350F
• In a large bowl, mix oats and walnuts. Set aside for later.
• In a saucepan mix oil, vanilla, cinnamon & honey. Bring this mixture to a boil on medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture becomes syrupy. It’ll help coat the oats properly.
• Pour saucepan mixture into your oats & nuts bowl. Fold carefully until oats are completely coated with the syrup.
• On a large nonstick baking pan, spread coated oats mixture. Make sure you create on thin layer for even baking. * You can also use parchment paper or grease your pan with butter if non-stick pan isn’t available.
• Bake for 10-15 minutes. Take out, mix and bake one more time for an additional 10-15 minted for a total baking time of 20-30 minutes depending on how toasty you like it.
• Once done, take out and let cool down for 20 minutes. You’ll want it to completely cool down. Otherwise your chocolate chips will melt right away.
• Once cooled, add cranberries & chocolate chips. Drizzle with honey and let it sit an additional 10 minutes.
You can serve as a cereal with fresh fruit & milk. Make a granola parfait with yogurt and fresh fruit. Add to Ice cream or simple enjoy as a snack while you work 😉 If you want to go the extra mile, Add a few spoonfuls of nut butter and make granola bars out of it!