We’re so excited to finally share our gender reveal with you!! It seriously feels like I’ve been holding on to this secret for way too long.
It’s A Girl!
Guys, we are having a GIRL!!!
You can see our pregnancy announcement here.
It is so difficult for me to express with words how incredibly grateful, blessed and overjoyed we are to be adding a baby girl to our family. I have dreamt of her for the past 4 years. She has lived in my heart and in my mind for a very long time. Needless to say I sobbed for a solid 30 minutes the day I received the gender results.
I seriously can’t contain my excitement enough to write a proper post so I’ll just leave you with a bunch of random thoughts that want to all come out at once.
• I seriously cannot wait to be a girl mom. There’s already so much I want to teach her and show her. There’s so much I want to share and experience with her. It feels like I’ve been waiting for her my whole life.
• Evan & Mason are thrilled about their baby sister, especially Evan. He predicted it would be girl from the moment I told him I was pregnant. Both boys cannot wait to teach their sister all there is to know about baseball (with brothers like these, you know she’s going to be athletic) and are very curious to know how having a new baby sibling in the house will be like. I think she’s gonna fit right in 😉
• We’ve started narrowing down our favorite girl names but have yet to settle one just one. Ev & Mason have very strong opinions on girl names and are 100% involved in the name choosing process.
• We haven’t bought a single thing for baby girl yet. I’ve received a few things from brands but I haven’t personally gone out of my way to purchase anything.
• Very excited about tiny girl clothes & shoes!! No mommy and me identical matching here though. It’s actually something I’ve disliked my whole life. Before I had kids I’d always say that if I ever had twins, they’d NEVER wear matching outfits. I still stand by it. No matching outfits. Mommy will wear her own outfit thank you very much.
• Now that I know I’m going to have a daughter ( A DAUGHTER, AHHH) I suddenly find myself gravitating towards pink everything. Ya’ll, I haven’t been into pink since high school! Isn’t it funny how quickly things change.
• You already know Erick is cracking all the dad jokes and already embarrassing baby girl in the womb LOL. NO, but on a serious note, he is so excited about being a girl dad. I love hearing him talk about her. It is the absolute sweetest thing.
• Erick is an absolute wonderful dad to the boys and was the sweetest most loving gentle daddy to them when they were babies. I cannot wait to see him hold his daughter. Melts my heart just thinking about it.
• It feels like with baby girl joining our crazy crew, our family is finally complete. We are SO blessed and highly favored!
• This is not the gender reveal I had in mind but honestly it turned out to be so “US” and I love it. I think anything else would’ve been so out of character for me.
I’ll stop here or else this gender reveal could turn to an “all about my thoughts” post real soon. Thank you all so much for following along this new journey with us. Thank you for all the love and sweet messages you send almost daily. We really do feel the love. We can’t wait to meet our Gummy Bear Girl!!