The Holiday season is such a busy one. It’s like adding a cherry on top of all the everyday things and responsibilities we have all year.
It is so easy to get caught up and overwhelmed and even forget to actually enjoy the holiday season. And don’t even get me started on the spending. Ay! That’s why I’ve compiled 5 inexpensive holiday activities to enjoy with your family. Not only will these help you to slow down a bit and enjoy, but also help you stay on budget without having to sacrifice a little fun.
• Bake your families favorite holiday treats together. For us it’s cinnamon rolls which we dunk in Mexican hot chocolate.
• Take a holiday light tour. Stop by Starbucks for hot cocoa or bring your own in a thermos. Get off the car and walk with your kids. Point out your favorite houses and enjoy the cold evening stroll & pretty lights.
• Suggle on the couch and watch Angela’s Christmas on Netflix with your kids. It is such a sweet Christmas story with a great message for all ages.
• Follow and read an Advent plan or Read Luke 2, The Birth of Jesus. We are reading the She Reads Truth Advent: Until The Son Of God Appears. Both such a great reminder of the reason for the season.
• Decorate Ornaments. We have been doing this for three consecutive years. The boys love it and I love looking back at the previous years’ ornaments.
This look is great for going out to see Christmas lights or any other casual activity you have going on. Cozy sweater, comfy high waisted crop jeans and a pair of comfortable booties for all the walking you’ll be doing. Just add a cute coat over it for extra warmth;) Francesca’s Sweater & Denim / LFL Booties / Henri Bendel Bag / Similar Hat / Sunglasses