This post has been sponsored by Payless. All thoughts and Opinions are 100% my own.
With Christmas only 20 days away, shopping is in full swing, and call me crazy but I kinda love that holiday rush! Only when the kids aren’t tagging along of course. I love to hit up the mall and take my time really picking out gifts. I can easily spend 3+ hours happily shopping, then walking out of there like I just accomplished the impossible.
Of course it’s always important to feel comfortable while shopping, and by comfort I don’t mean yoga pants and a tee, which is totally ok if that’s your thing #zerojudgement. For me it’s the off-duty look. Oh how I love a nice, comfy, chic off duty-look. If there’s anything I’m good at it’s that! I often get asked “how do you make something like that look so chic and casual all at once”, I think the only true answer to that is that I’m 100% comfortable in it, and that my friends is something you can’t fake. But if off-duty dressin’ isn’t your forté, not to worry, I’ve got you covered with 5 ways to master the ever so coveted off-duty look.
• Wear Sneakers – They pretty much go with everything. Yes, you heard right, whether it’s trainers, hight tops, low tops or cute slip-ons like these, they can be worn with anything from denim to silk.
• Add a statement piece -While it’s tempting to go all out and pair those comfy sneaks with sweats and a tee, try to opt for something dressier. An attention grabber, like my pleated skirt is sure to balance out the casualness of the entire look. The key is to artfully mix your basics with your dressier pieces to keep the overall look simple & chic.
• When in doubt, wear black – This one is a no brainer. Black is such a forgiving yet elegant color, so if you’re unsure of where to start, start with a black canvas and gradually add shades of color without mixing more that three at once.
• Keep it minimal – The whole idea of the “off-duty” look is precisely to look like you’re well, off- duty. Think about what you wouldn’t wear on your day off. Maybe leave the extra jewelry at home and let a fun scarf or bag do all the talking.
• Make sure you are comfortable – This is probably the most important of all because it doesn’t matter how great your outfit is, if you’re not feeling comfortable in it, it will show. Don’t let the clothes wear you!
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Xo, Lilly B.♥
Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest!
• Early Access to posts
• Great Sales
• Weekly Round-Ups